Friday, June 3, 2011

Megan Fox vs. Michael Bay

Although I never thought I would be, I (like many others) have become a huge "Transformers" fan.  Maybe it is all of the action, the once-in-awhile comedic relief, or my crush on Shia Labeouf, but ever since the first movie installment of the smash hit came out in 2007, I have been hooked.  Therefore, it was very much to my shock to learn news that Megan Fox would not be returning as the beautiful Mikaela Banes in "Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon." 

Like many other people, I heard rumors as to why Ms. Fox would not be returning to the hit summertime film, one of them being her tense relationship with director, Michael Bay.  What I originally heard was that Megan was acting like a diva on set and due to her appearance and what she came off as (from her texts and the roles she portrays), I believed this rumor to be true.  It wasn't until today that I realized how horribly wrong I was and how I let a "read a book by it's cover" based on a stereotype that an attractive/strong-featured celebrity such as Fox would be a diva. 

Yet today when I was checking my Yahoo email, I was reading some stories in which the site posts.  To my surprise, Shia came out and discussed why Megan indeed decided to leave and his revelations made me re-think my own opinions and how quick people are to snap-judge one another.  Shia explained how Michael is a director that does not really know how to avoid being offensive, stating that Bay indeed lacks, "tact."  Labeouf continues to defend is old costar by stating how, "Mike films women in a way that appeals to a 16-year-old sexuality" and how that idea actually made Megan feel uncomfortable.  Therefore, this entire time I was thinking Megan Fox is a diva that debates with her director, she's actually just a young woman who felt as though she wasn't willing to be the world-wide sex symbol Bay desired her to be and for that I highly respect her.  This situation definetely makes me re-think judging someone based on an appearance, the way they come off in print, or a rumor I may hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment